30 September 2009

they saw me. (FICTION______________ but I really did publish these)

a few years ago, i started putting fictional 'i saw u's' (for those of you who are not in portland, they are like "missed connections" or "chance encounters" or whatever your local free, alterna-weekly calls them) in the portland mercury. they were to no one but myself and who ever might read them. it's rather interesting trying to get a point, pointless as it may be, in 40 words or less... (that being said, I still think that Twitter is one of the most moronic concepts, even if the challenge to make it work coherently is tempting.)

sadly, i lost all but two of them.



THE THIRD COMING
Man, it's me, GOD. Jesus has been
trying to come back for a while now,
but it's rough on earth. He's been
aborted twice, and he's scared to
Come Again. sorry.


YOUR HEAD OR MINE?
Who is that gorgeous face atop that
perfect walk. I catch your eyes as you
turn to face me. I catch glimpses of you
peering out of windows, cars and puddles.
I wonder who you might be,
Oh wait, you're me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you